Replacing missing teeth with an artificial root
Sometimes only one tooth is missing and the patient does not wish to have two of his or her healthy teeth reduced in size for the fabrication of a bridge. In other cases, only one tooth is missing for a fixed dental bridge to be prepared, so there will be no need to use a removable denture. And in certain cases, they are needed for increasing the stability of a full plate denture, so that it would not keep falling out of the mouth during meals. Implants offer a solution to these problems.
In reality, an implant is a titanium screw inserted into the bone to replace the root of a tooth that had been removed. The crown section of the tooth is represented by the metal-ceramics or zirconium crown. In other cases, an implant can fulfill the function of an attachment tool, for example, when it stabilises a removable denture.
The procedure of placing an implant at the NetFog Dental Clinic:
- The first meeting is for mapping the anatomic environment and consulting the dental surgeon, which is free at the NetFog Dental Clinic.
- On the basis of information gained from X-rays, the type and quantity of the implants is determined and the price of the treatment is calculated.
- The implant is placed under local anaesthesia, painlessly, under constant water-cooling, in order to avoid an eventual damage to the bone.
- A 5 to 6 month waiting period, depending on each case, which is necessary for the implant to consolidate.
- The implant is liberated under local anaesthesia and the healing cap is placed, in order to remodel the gums to a suitable, esthetic shape.
- Placing the crown or another construction onto the implant.
- Our implants come with a two-year guarantee at the NetFog Dental Clinic.