Inlays and onlays are the real solution for caries
A more up-to-date, longer lasting and more precise version of fillings
Inlays are fillings made by a dental technician, on the basis of the impression taken by the dentist. Once ready, the dentist glues the inlay into the dental cavitiy which had previously been suitably prepared inside the tooth.
A great advantage of inlays and onlays is that they can be fabricated with great precision even in case of an important gap in the teeth or for a final reconstruction of root canal treated teeth.
Inlays and onlays can be made of different kinds of materials:
- gradia: is based on a composite but it is harder and lasts longer, while at the same time being as esthetic as white fillings
- ceramics: esthetic but harder than gradia
- gold: from a medical point of view, its properties are very advantageous but, on the other hand, it is not ‘invisible’, since its colour is the colur of gold alloys
The procedure of the fabrication of inlays and onlays at the NetFog Dental Clinic:
- Creating a suitable cavity in the teeth using anaesthetics and water-cooling
- Taking a precise impression of the dental arches and choosing the tooth colour matching the patient’s tooth for the esthetic inlay.
- Placing a temporary filling, which will protect the tooth and stops foreign matter from sticking into the cavity.
- At the next session, the fabricated inlay or onlay is attached using a special glue.
- We offer a two-year guarantee for all inlays and onlays at the NetFog Dental Clinic.